Kitsilano Houses Market Update September 2012
Here are the September 2012 stats for houses in Kitsilano. For an overview of the Kitsilano condo market, visit kitscondos.ca and click on the blog. Looking for a Vancouver real estate market update? Subscribe here to receive the latest edition of our Vancouver Sales Absorption Report.
- Statistics include detached single family homes in Kitsilano only
- Overall sales absorption for September was 10.39%, which represents 9.62 months of supply (buyer's market)
- There were 77 listings and 8 sales in September, an increase of 7 listings and 1 sale as the month of August
- Average sales price in September was $1,543,687, an increase of $6,116 (0.40%) from Augusts' average
- Average DOM for September was 54 days; properties sat on the market 14 days longer than in August
Please note, we've changed the way we calculate "sold" properties. Previously the "process date" was used, which is the date the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver (REBGV) processes the sale. For more accurate results, we're now using the "search date", the day the Seller accepts the deal and signs the contract.